Monday, September 17, 2018

Housekeeping

I'm always trying to add more information to cars already on the list so that I can make it more complete. Things like corporate history and technical data can be tough to track down, at least if you don't happen to own whatever book was written on that particular line.

Most recently I was able to add some information to a few of the cars on the list. Bill Wulfert pointed out that Singer 1, which was recently removed from the defunct museum in Noblesville, Indiana to private storage, was built for 250 volt DC operation, so that fact was added to its listing. Then there's Jersey Shore Street Railway 4, a rather old streetcar body in private ownership, to which I was able to add truck, motor, and control information. This is an intriguing car thought to either be ex-Buffalo, NY or possibly ex-New York City, but its origins are not known for certain. Finally I managed to pick up a book on the Cleveland Southwestern & Columbus. This allowed me to correct some corporate history info on the two remaining cars from that system, combine 121 and freight trailer 512 (the fleet number and construction information of the latter car is somewhat in doubt).

If you spot even a minor error in any of the listings, or information that's been left out, please let me know. I'm always looking to make the list more complete and more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment