Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Reading Blueliners

There are quite a few - thirteen, to be precise - of the old Reading MU cars on the PNAERC list that are, or were, owned by the Reading Company Technical & Historical Society. Most of these I didn't have out-of-service dates or RCT&HS acquisition dates for, but I've uncovered some cryptic references online to 1993 as the year that SEPTA sold these cars off. So I've added that year (noted with a question mark as uncertain) to the ownership histories of these cars.

But I could still use some more information. A few of the Reading cars that weren't rebuilt into 9000-series "Blueliners" are preserved, including one (car 863) owned by the RCT&HS, and I have no idea when that car was acquired by the Society. There are also some cars that were formerly owned by Rail Tours in Jim Thorpe and sold to other railroads, including the Lehigh Gorge Scenic and the California Western, for which I'm missing dates of sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment