Friday, August 24, 2018

Regina streetcar added to the list

While perusing the website of the Edmonton Radial Railway Society, I came across a car that wasn't on my list. That's because they acquired it in 2013, which by my standards is fairly recently I suppose, and word of it just hadn't made it this far. The car is Regina Municipal Railway 8, a single-truck wood car built by Preston in 1913. It's a body but is said by the ERRS website to be in reasonably good condition.

I don't have much information on this car in the way of mechanical components so I guess some research is in order. From the photo, it appears to be a fairly standard Preston single-trucker, very similar to Toronto Suburban 24 in Edmonton, Lethbridge Municipal Railway 8 in Lethbridge, or Saskatoon Municipal Railway 40 in Saskatoon.

1 comment:

  1. I believe this style of car is the same as the one used for a prototype of the HO scale trolley car made by AHM in the 1970s.
    O. Anderson

    ReplyDelete