Saturday, May 15, 2021

The "Philly Six" are gone

Back in February, I wrote this post about the sorry remains of six privately-owned SEPTA PCC's stored off of Erie Avenue that were being harvested for large body sections and other parts. At that time, I judged five of the six cars to be so badly mauled that they weren't worth keeping on the PNAERC list. As of today, the sixth car has been removed as well.

Thanks to Bill Wall for forwarding along these photos, from Matt Nawn, showing the current state of affairs off of Erie Avenue. It appears that all of the cars have finally been scrapped, including car 2717, which was the only one that was generally intact and had been left on the list until now (it may be the car in the upper photo, but who knows?). I won't rehash my February post, which briefly outlines these cars' significance (or almost total lack thereof) and history, I'll only say that this is a very expected development.

No comments:

Post a Comment