Saturday, June 5, 2021

Denver work car added to list

Thanks to Olin Anderson, who alerted me to this post on the Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum. It describes (with pictures, including the one above) a Denver Tramways work car that heretofore was unknown to me. So that's the good news: Denver Tramways 723, an arch-roof double-end utility car, has now been added to the PNAERC list.

But then there's the bad news. First of all, the car - privately owned and located in Strasburg, Colorado - was up for auction today, June 5th. I have no idea whether it sold or, if it did, to whom. That's an issue because if it was bought by an individual then it may be difficult to track down where it ends up, and if it didn't sell at all then it may simply get demolished and that can be hard to confirm too. Second on the bad news front is that I have virtually no information on this car. UPDATE: Many thanks to John Swindler for sending an information sheet on this car from the auction website. That has allowed me to add quite a bit of technical information on it. John also reports that the car body sold at auction for $250, but I'm still not sure to whom. Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a Comment