Friday, October 22, 2021

New Hope & Ivyland updates

While I was looking for something else, I stumbled upon a couple of photos that shed light on recent changes involving the New Hope & Ivyland steam tourist line in Pennsylvania. The first is that Reading MU car 870 - which heretofore has been known as SEPTA 9125, its post-rebuild "Blueliner" era number - is now in service after having been rebuilt by the NH&I. It appears they're using it as a cab car for backing up their trains, which it's obviously pretty well suited for. This car was on the wire train based out of Wayne Junction for many years, so I suspect it was stripped of a lot of its interior before it ever came to the NH&I. The Tim Darnell photo above, taken several decades ago in January 2020, is from here. Its status has been updated to "towed inoperable" which is what I use for cars like this that are in use, but not really operational per se, at least not as electrics.

And then there's a second Reading MU car, SEPTA 9123, shown in photos here and here at the NH&I. The photos, taken this past May and June, describe the car as "newly arrived" which makes sense since last I knew, it was in Hamburg, PA as part of the Reading Tech collection. Its ownership has been updated from the Reading group (which, according to my list, still has nine of these cars) to the NH&I.

No comments:

Post a Comment