Friday, November 11, 2016

Pullman order numbers

A website I'd never visited before was pointed out to me today: www.ericsrailroadcarhistory.com, which along with quite a bit of astonishingly detailed freight and passenger car history articles, includes - as of October - a Pullman passenger car order list starting in 1912. This is a fascinating document, as it includes all electric passenger cars built by Pullman during that period as well as mainline passenger cars. I've used it to go through and add order numbers, where they were missing, to the PNAERC list. I also discovered that I had mistakenly listed a number of Pullman-built Lackawanna MU cars as having been built in 1920 when in fact they were part of the 1917 batch of "high roof" cars.

So this increases the number of car builders for whom I've come across relatively complete order lists. A gold mine for this type of information is streetcars.telcen.com, Harold Cox's site, which features order lists for ACF, American, Brill, CCF, Cincinnati, Kuhlman, and Laconia among others. An order list for St. Louis Car Company has also been published. However there are still several prominent builders - including McGuire-Cummings, Ottawa, Stephenson, and Wason - for which I've never seen an order list. Anyone know of one in print for these companies?

No comments:

Post a Comment